Tip: Creating GUIDs for WSS development using Resharper



Well....

First post in Englilsh for me!

I'm generating a lot of site columns from a feature, and i hate the drill of Options-guid-generate-copy-paste, so I started using a VSTudio Macro that did that for me...The VM I'm working started freezing, so I stopped using it.


Today I found I can generate Guids using Resharper very easy!



  1. Create a new User Live Template (resharper->options)
  2. Give it a short name (i.e. "ig") from insert GUID
  3. on the Template Text Box add $GUID$ this is a variable that can be changed as a macro value.
  4. Select a macro value for the $GIUD$ variable and assign it "New GUID"
  5. OK!!!

I also created a "big" template for Bracketed GUIDs using {$GUID$} as template text

that's it: When you type ig or big on your XML it creates a new GUID for you!

Warning: You'll have to use RS3.0 because of the XML support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manejo de "Cumpleaños del mes" en WSS 3.0

Running Linux CMD in Windows - the webpack Case

MongoDb seeding in Docker